Our hearts go out to you and your community as we each face the realities of these times.
Now, more than ever, small businesses need to work together.
Our struggles and opportunities inspire us to make this call: Will you join the Shop Indie Local movement this winter — a movement that cultivates hope and empowerment?
We invite independent business alliances, neighborhood associations and local economy-minded business networks to partner with us on this year’s Shop Indie Local.
The American Independent Business Alliance (AMIBA) will lead this effort to amplify the “Shop Local” message and inspire more of our neighbors to shift a portion of their holiday spending from chain stores and online giants to locally owned businesses.
Partners will help us spread the word and energize their members to leverage the Shop Indie Local Season from November 1 – December 31, 2020. Becoming a partner is FREE!
Partners understand the positive ripple effects that occur in our communities when we spend dollars at locally owned, independent businesses. We also value programs and policies that build a local, green and fair economy rooted in their hometowns.
Partners will receive:
- A listing on Shop Indie Local’s website
- Ideas on how to celebrate the holiday season throughout November and December (Plaid Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cider Monday, Giving Tuesday and other events)
- Event marketing templates — such as press releases, social media posts and other materials
- An opportunity to join our Shop Indie Local crowdfunding campaign
- Show their support for Shop Indie Local by sharing their organization’s name and web url with us
- Provide us with links to any events or promotions they are organizing to support local businesses during the holiday season
- Spread the word by sharing social media posts and finding other creative ways to engage their members in this effort
How do you sign on as a partner? It’s easy — just send us an email with an “I’m in!” and we’ll add you to our list (be sure that your organization name is easy to identify in the email).
Again, there’s no cost to you to participate as a partner.
Also, please feel free to share your questions and ideas with us.
Jen Risley, The Local Crowd Monadnock
Laury Hammel, Sustainable Business Network
Colin Murray, Dane Buy Local
Derek Peebles, American Independent Business Alliance